Frequently Asked Questions

Membership in the Utah Restaurant Association offers benefits to all restauranteurs vendors, purveyors and restaurant service providers.  We offer training, resources, membership savings, legislative representation statewide and nationally, marketing support and affiliation with the premier Restaurant Association in Utah as well as membership in the National Restaurant Association.

Become a member today!  Call us and we will help guide you to your new membership in the Utah Restaurant Association.

Utah is leading the nation in an exciting, successful, growing ProStart Program.  With over 70 schools enrolled we encourage your school to get involved.  Call the Utah Restaurant  Association 801.274.7309 and visit the ProStart page on our website to be informed.

Call the URA offices to set up an appointment to re-certify by taking the exam either online for $60 (immediate test results received) or a paper exam $50 (results take 3 weeks to process).  If you want to attend the ServSafe course again you may also call the URA offices to sign up for a Wednesday session.

SevSafe  is valid for 3 years in the state of Utah.  SevSafe certification is the most respected and honored food safety certification in the U.S.

By clicking the create an account feature on the ServSafe website here , you will have access to your certificate and test results at your convenience.  When you register for the ServSafe test and course, be certain to enter your email address and information correctly- this is how ServSafe will link to your account.

On-site ServeSafe Food Handlers classes are offered throughout Utah by the URA to classes of ten or more students.  Members are $25 per student Non-members $28 per student.  Please call our office to schedule a group class. 801.274.7309

Utah’s liquor laws can feel a bit intimidating for owners, employees and even guests. The URA is tirelessly representing the voice of the Utah restaurant industry and building strategic influential partnerships that best support Utah’s needs. For information specific to Utah’s liquor laws visit the UDABC: