BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
Our mission is your future, our purpose is to help you enter a new era of prosperity, prominence, and participation. The Utah Restaurant Association looks forward to your support.
We are diligently representing the Food Service Industry at national, state and local levels in the following areas:
- Limiting the impact of legislation on the industry
- Advocating on behalf of restaurants throughout the state
- Working with legislators to better understand the needs of the hospitality industry
- Maintaining an entry level starting wage
- Saved the restaurant industry over $2,000,000.00 in overtime premiums
- Maintaining “tip credit” statewide
- Working with UDABC to continually create best practices between UDABC and all licensees
- No mandated employee benefits such as paid sick leave
- Limit frivolous lawsuits
- No state mandated menu labeling
INDIVIDUAL MEMBERSHIP VALUE
- Membership savings on insurance for workers compensation through WCF Insurance, healthcare through United Healthcare, and liability
- Membership savings on POS processing that includes: payroll services, remote check deposit, gift/ loyalty cards, check guarantee, and internet web processing through Heartland Payment Systems
- ServSafe manager certification training and testing
- Food handler and alcohol training
- Additional membership discounts for events, programs & restaurant specific needs
The URA and NRA ProStart Culinary and Restaurant Management program is now implemented in over 62 high schools throughout the state of Utah. The ProStart program provides the restaurant industry in our state with a manager level trained and qualified work-force, saving restaurant owners and operators thousands of dollars in training costs.
The URA’s Marketing Campaign Taste Utah works to educate Utah foodies on the myriad of options available to them and to “Eat Out Often”. The television series airs on Sunday mornings at 9:30 AM on ABC4. The interactive dining guide featuring all the locations the series has visited is working to brand Utah As A Dining Destination. This is a service to all members, please reach out to be featured.
Regardless the type or the size of your restaurant business it is the mission of the Utah Restaurant Association / National Restaurant Association to move the industry forward. Remember that as a member of the URA you are automatically a member of the National Restaurant Association which allows you to receive discounts on all NRA services and products.