FEEDING DREAMS. BUILDING FUTURES
ProStart is a nationwide, two-year program for high school students that develops the best and brightest talent into tomorrows restaurant and foodservice industry leaders. From culinary techniques to management skills, ProStart’s industry-driven curriculum provides real-world educational opportunities and builds practical skills and a foundation that will last a lifetime.
By bringing industry and the classroom together; ProStart gives students a platform to discover new interests and talents and opens doors for fulfilling careers. It happens through a curriculum that teaches all facets of the restaurant and foodservice industry, inspires students to succeed and sets a high standard of excellence for students and the industry.
With local and national support from industry members, educators, the Utah Restaurant Association Foundation and National Restaurant Associations, ProStart reaches over 95,000 students nationwide in 1,700 schools. The Utah Restaurant Association was the first state to initiate the ProStart Program and currently boasts 70 high schools across Utah now enrolled. The ProStart experience gives students a platform to discover new interests and talents and it opens the doors for fulfilling careers in the hospitality industry. Industry operators serve as mentors and provide support for ProStart students by helping them make a real connection to their goals and their future. Some of the components students learn:
- Customer service skills
- Business math and forecasting
- Workplace and food safety procedures
- Receiving and storage practices
To work with Utah ProStart, and for sponsorship or mentor opportunities contact the Utah Restaurant Association or e-mail us firstname.lastname@example.org. Get involved today!
For more information on the ProStart Sysco Intermountain $10,000 Scholarship or to apply please visit http://www.syscointermountain.com/prostart-scholarship/.
REGIONAL COMPETITION WINNERS:
- Region 1 / Northern Area
- 1st Place: Roy High School
- 2nd Place: Bonneville High School
- Region 2 / Salt Lake Area
- 1st Place: Park City High School
- 2nd Place: Murray High School
- 3rd Place: Blue Peak High School
- Region 3 / Provo Area
- 1st Place: Westlake High School
- 2nd Place: Provo High School
- 3rd Place: Lone Peak High School
- 4th Place: Carbon High School
- 4th Place: Timpanogos High School
- Region 4 / Southern Area
- 1st Place: Cedar City High School
STATE COMPETITION WINNERS:
- CULINARY: Provo High School
- MANAGEMENT: Westlake High School
- April 29 – May 1, 2016 in Dallas, Texas